Summer is upon us, and you have probably planned something awesome for your vacation time. That’s great news, but you may be wondering how you’re going to sort out your skincare and beauty needs. You don’t want to overload your bags with your beauty gear for one, and you may be heading to a climate that while warm, could possibly play havoc with your beautiful looks. Then there are bugs and beasties to worry about, bad hair days if you’re going camping, and the stress of traveling which could cause your skin to break out in acne. Just what is a girl to do? That is where we come in. Here are some handy tips to help you, whatever you are doing this summer.
- Pack the essentials in your hand luggage. These are the items that you can call upon at a moments notice, and which won’t weigh you down while traveling. We recommend essential oil wipes to keep you moisturized, unscented cleaning towelettes (the scented alternatives will attract the bugs), sun cream to protect you from the ravages of the possibly burning heat, and a sunburn relief lotion if you do get too much sun.
- Should you be going on a camping trip this summer, there are a few other things to make your trip bearable. A solar blanket is invaluable, helping you to keep your vital beauty tools (hair straighteners for one) charged up and ready for use. Check it out here. Considering you will be in the great outdoors, insect repellent sprays are a must, keeping those blasted bugs away from your skin. And don’t forget bottles of water – not only are they great for keeping your skin hydrated, but if you aren’t near a water source, having a few bottles with you is perfect for when you need to wash and cleanse your skin.
- On traveling day, consider leaving your makeup bag alone, and going barefaced. Particularly if the weather is hot, your makeup will soak into your pores, leaving you with a dry and parched face. If you’re sweating, your mascara may streak as well, so you won’t look your best at all. If you really do want to look glam on arrival, then focus on applying your makeup shortly before you get to your destination, such as in the airplane bathroom or using your car mirror if you’re traveling on the road.
- Travel can be stressful, and your skin may show symptoms of the stress. Therefore, focus on gentle skin care products to deal with the problem, such as herbal facial oils to counter dryness, as well as the calming skincare products here, perfect for looking after your distressed skin when traveling. When finally at your destination, you can remove the impurities your skin has gathered on the journey by a gentle soak in a bath (if staying in a hotel), and a face mask to fully hydrate and cleanse your skin. Don’t forget the eye cream too, as well as your regular treatments to moisturize and exfoliate your skin from those pesky free radicals.
- Don’t ruin your good looks with the food you eat while away. As you would at home, avoid junk food and opt for the healthy options, such as juicy fruits and fresh greens, when you’re planning what to eat. The right foods will keep your skin looking healthy and radiated when away, so avoid the temptation to forego your usual good habits.
By following our travel tips, you will retain your beautiful looks while away. If you have any other advice for our readers, then give us a shout, and let us all benefit from your wisdom.