Have you ever had that time when you though someone is smelling a little, then you realized it was you? I understand that can be an embarrassing situation.
Bad body odor is actually a deal breaker, imagine being on your first date or meeting a business partner for the first time and all you can think about is… “can he/she smell what I am smelling? please let this meeting finish so I can go home”. I know right, so uncomfortable.
Not to worry, in this post I will share some of my favorite tips on how to smell great again. I will also share some of my favorite products I use to tackle bad body odor.
Body odor can be embarrassing and can usually affect a person’s confidence and self-esteem.
First of all, let us try to understand what causes this bad smell in simple terms.
Odor in your underarm is caused by bacteria found on the skin. The bad smell occurs when bacteria on the skin breaks down sweat into fatty acids.
Some common lifestyle habits are also a cause of bad body odor. Example, not bathing regularly (to save water I guess), being overweight, drinking alcohol and wearing dirty clothes.
Good tips to follow
- Shower at least once a day to help wash away sweat and dirt lying on your skin. Sweat build-up on your skin is a no-no and will become smelly over time.
- Use a good smelling soap for your shower. Over time your skin will get used to the smell of the soap and your skin will still smell good if you have not bathed
- Shave regularly. Keeping your underarm hair free will actually make
a big difference, bacteria can get trapped in hair causing more odor.
- Apply pure honey to shaved underarm 15-30 minutes before you shower. Rinse it and it should smell fresh.
- Use an antibacterial soap for your armpits. You will be surprised because your armpits contain a large number of apocrine glands, whose role is to produce body odor.
- Keep your armpits dry at all times.
- Use a deodorant or an antiperspirant after bathing and drying your armpits. Take time to find a good deodorant you will like that won’t leave a white cast on your clothes. A good natural roll on I love is the Dr. Organics tea tree deodorant
- Spray on a good body mist spray before putting on your clothes, there are tons out there, just find what you love. Victorias secret has a range of body mist spray but the one I am currently in love with the Fantasies Love Spell