Exfoliating your face is really important because it helps you get rid of dullness to get a glowing looking skin. If you want to exfoliate and do not know how to start, here are 8 easy ways to exfoliate your face and tips to help you get started with your skincare journey.
All the products shown here are products that I use and they have been great for me.
- Wet your face with warm water
- Apply a gentle cleanser to your face, to cleanse and remove dirt from your skin, this step is important because you wouldn’t want to be rubbing old dirt in your face. Try out different cleansers and stick to one that works for your skin type and make sure it is affordable, in order for you to be able to buy a new one when the cleanser runs out because consistency is key.
Rinse your face using warm water
3. Apply 2 pea sized amount of scrub to your face starting from your forehead, focusing more on the t-zone. Gently massage your skin in circular motions, rubbing off dead skin, after this 2 minutes of massaging rinse your face with warm water.
4. Make a DIY sugar scrub
In a clean bowl add 3 teaspoons of brown or white sugar and 3 teaspoons of honey. Mix the mixture into a smooth paste. Apply the mixture to your face massaging your skin in a circular motion. The sugar will usually dissolve when this happens, rinse your face and move to next step
5. Electric brush. Use an electric face brush to exfoliate your skin. You can use use the brush in combination with your face scrub or an exfoliating face soap. Using the brush is really helpful and easy to exfoliate. This brush is also very gentle.
6. Apply milk. After all the scrubbing and rubbing, your skin will need to breathe and the best way to do this is to apply milk to your clean skin. Layer raw milk to your skin and leave it on for 10 minutes. The milk will soothe and refresh your skin as well as brighten up your skin.
7. Tone Face
8. Moisturise. Apply a skin moisturiser immediately to soothe and prevent your skin from drying.
9. Sun protection